Your cart is currently empty.
An Introductory Guide to Massage is an essential textbook for all those studying towards Level 3 qualifications in Body Massage. It meets the requirements of City & Guilds, ITEC and VTCT syllabuses and provides the underpinning knowledge and skills needed for successful massage treatments.
The classical/Swedish techniques that form the basis of most massage systems are thoroughly explained, and the student is introduced to the different types of massage provided by complementary, spa and sports therapists.
This practical reference also has detailed sections on preparing for treatments, consulting with clients and record-keeping, together with an overview of other therapies that are compatible with massage.
- Clear photographs of each massage movement
- Step-by-step routines and sequences
- Treatment case studies, working practices & professional requirements
And this Third Edition now includes:
- A section on massage in a care setting
- Enhanced information on massage mediums
- An expanded index
- The history of massage and its use
- Anatomy for massage
- Massage techniques
- Effects and benefits of massage
- Professional conduct and consultation
- Using on-site massage to treat stress
- What is Lymphatic drainage massage
- Infant and child massage
- Stone therapy massage
- Indian head massage
- Sports massage
- Other complementary therapies